Mountain iglu - sleepin in an igloo
The warmest fridge of the winter: For the first time it is possible to spend a night in an igloo on the Speikboden.
For once, sleeping like the Inuit and staying overnight in an igloo. For most people this may sound like a rather unusual idea. More and more people however like to have this experience by themselves. On the Speikboden not only ski dreams come true – for the first time this winter (2015/16) a night in an igloo becomes possible too. And because holidays in the Tauferer Ahrntal are a culinary highlight, the overnight stay is topped with a typical cuisine. After dinner, when it is time to crawl into the sleeping bags, everyone will realize that sleeping in an igloo is not that cold after all. Quite the contrary: it is almost as warm as the bed at home.
The igloos are not far from the mountain station of the Speikboden-lift facilities at an altitude of 2000 meters. This is where cold dreams heat up and where adventures are no longer a dream, but reality.
- Adequate warm winter-clothing (like for skiing)
- Comfortable, warm winter boots (p.E. Softboots, Moonboots, oder Snowboard boots, no skiing boots in the igloos)
- Good and warm gloves (evtl. 2 pairs)
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- 2 pairs of long an dry socks, long underwear for changing or pyjama
- Head lamp or torce
- Personal items
- Some money for payment at the bar