active mountain SATURDAYGlacier tour onto Magerstein peak
Extreme mountaineer Hans Kammerlander learnt how to climb and go mountain climbing in the Rieserferner/Vedrette di Ries group, opposite the Zillertal Alps. On our tour, crossing the glacier to reach the summit of the Magerstein/Monte Magro, we will be following in the footsteps of one of the greatest alpinists of our times. While not being technically demanding, the tour still rewards us with a spectacular view.
- Characteristics: Moderately difficult tour, technically easy
- Ascent: 1.700 of difference in altitude
- Requirements: Physical condition for a long mountain tour including the crossing of a glacier, surefootedness
- Duration: ca. 8-10 hours
- Meeting point: Jausenstation Säge (restaurant and hotel), Rein in Taufers/Riva di Tures, Tauferer Ahrntal/Valli diTures ed Aurina
- Time: 5 a.m.
- Equipment: Functional sportswear suitable for high mountain tours, wind- and waterproof jacket, headgear (e.g. windproof woolly hat against the cold, cap against the mountain sun), gloves, sturdy shoes (mountaineering boots, but not necessarily for crampons), headlamp, gaiters (optional), walking stick(s), food and drink/water bottle, sunglasses
- Rental equipment: Crampons, climbing harness, karabiner, rope
- Min. age: 15 years